Wednesday, March 11, 2009

V Day

I spent this last weekend performing in the Vagina Monologues. The word incredible can't even begin to explain the experience. To be surrounded by women who are proud of being feminine and committed to seeing the violence stop is amazing. The proceeds went to V Day which was started by the author of the monologues; Eve Ensler and they also went to the first ever sexual assault awareness and prevention program for my campus. It truly was a fulfilling weekend.
I'm just about done crocheting another pair of mittens this time in a pretty navy blue. I think I finally have the pattern figured out now. Hallelujah! When i go home I plan to ask my local yarn shop if they will sell my mitten pattern and maybe even let me teach some crochet classes.
I'm off to finish homework and to work on my Peace Corps application. The recruiter is paying my campus a visit before the month is out and I want to get my interview out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment