Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mittens at last

I finally finished crocheting myself a pair of mittens. I deviated from my original pattern to come up with something that is much better. One mitten is just a tad wider than the other but it works out well as it will end up being worn on the hand that carries my cane so I needed a little extra wiggle room anyways. Besides its not like most casual observers are going to notice that one mitten is literally two stitches wider!
Tomorrow is knit night at the local yarn shop and I can hardly wait to go! I need help fixing a mistake I made on my blanket and its a nifty opportunity to ask the owner if she will sell my pattern for mittens. I am so incredibly proud of that pattern despite its simplicity. My doubt in myself tends to screw me over at times and I took initiative to create something out of two skeins of yarn and my own imagination. Feels pretty damn good if I do say so myself.
In other news I poked around the Blogs of those who are currently serving in the Peace Corps and found some amazing experiences to read about. The blogs from Palau, Romania, and Costa Rica were my favorites so far. With the time for graduation coming ever closer I'm feeling the crunch not only to perform admirably in my academics but to have a plan for after graduation day. I may never serve overseas but i plan to finish my application for the Peace Corps, apply to graduate school and check out a possible job opportunity working for the government. The important thing is that I have options and as much as i know it is true and a positive thing I feel like these options are not enough. I keep having to remind myself that I can't possibly fail at all three options because failure is only how much success that I choose not to find from a situation. I swear I need to tape a mantra to my bedroom door that way I can read it everytime I go in to my room. "Failure is not a lack of success." I'll just keep telling myself that and maybe I'll believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment