Sunday, October 11, 2009

Random Rantlets

Ok fellow Bloggers so time for an explanation of my absence. (thinks really hard, keeps thinking, smacks fist on forehead) Damn it! I'm just a lazy Blogger! With that having been said...
October is one of my favorite months in the entire year. The nasty bugs of summer are dead thank you frost, winter is on its way and Samhain is at the end of this month. This is also National Coming out week and National Disability Employment month. You mean I don't want to live on SSI and be single and solitary the rest of my life? It's a stunning revelation I know. When you consider that 90 percent of the blind adults such as myself can't read Braille and out of all blind people over 18 only 25% of us are employed... Well, in the words of my Grandma: "I feel a heart attack coming on."
Seriously though; how about we just make this National Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize What The Fuck month. In all my formative years and throughtout my time at college I never got an award for perfect attendance. This is like the uber perfect attendance award. Congratulations Obama you not only win more recognition for something you haven't yet done but you get a shiny plaque as well! On another side note I must at least offer a virtual thumbs up to Obama for stating publically that gay and lesbian couples should have the same rights as straight couples. At least he's trying... Though with the festivities in DC this weekend it would be foolish to speak out publically against the LGBT community. Then again it never stopped GW Bush, Pat Roberts or any of the crazy evangelical fundamentalists from calling the love that 2 people share evil, profane and disgusting just because the 2 in question are women.

No comments:

Post a Comment