Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Socks

I'm a precocious knitter and for some psychotic reason my tenacity is screaming at me to knit socks. I've mentioned a slight panicky hatred for turning the heels, the need for dark chocolate, wine and a designated mistake fixer. None of which I currently possess by the way.
Is this why my heel came out crooked again? I keep asking myself this question over and over. I have yet to hear my Christmas stocking actually answer me; and this is most assuredly a good thing. This time I blame the pattern which I discovered while turning the ever loving heel was written incorrectly. Now being the calm, precocious and slightly lazy knitter I've decided to keep knitting this stocking. After all its going to charity and crooked heels are the least of anyones problems.
I do have one request of the amazingly awesome people who write patterns. Please for my sanity and the creative sanity and health of all future knitters or crocheters to come check your math! I want to knit socks heels be damned but the feer of a crooked heel keeps me up at night. I'm even considering cheating and putting in an afterthought heel just to avoid the crookedness that results from following someones incorrect directions. Seriously though, I never thought I'd want to knit socks and now that the slutty, silky soft sock yarn is seducing me I'm going to be in for a wild ride. I just want it to be a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment