Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Random Tuesday

I've been away for a while again. I feel like this Blog is something like my commitment to meditate every day. I begin with the best of intentions and then I become totally distracted. In an attempt to get back on track I'm blogging about the randomness of my Tuesday afternoon.
1. Its hot outside! Not only is it hot its nastily humid which does horrible things to my hair and any other natural fiber such as yarn.
2. On that note: Ever tried knitting outside with wool when its humid? I swear the moisture in the air combined with the sweat from my hands on the needles has produced a sweater that has been simultaneously knitted and felted at the same time. It hasn't shrunk exactly but it has become rather fuzzy when it wasn't supposed to be fuzzy at all.
3. I've found that something of a knitting black hole does in fact exist. Case in point I was knitting on the pink fuzzy baby sweater when after several rows I kept measuring the sleeve to be the same length when I knew it had to be growing longer. After a few more decreases I measured again and the damn thing was to long! Definitely someones idea of knitting humor or a sick karmic joke on my behalf.
4. I'm midway through the heel flap of my first pair of socks!
5. I have my anatomy final tomorrow and guess what I'm doing while I study?
6. Anyone guessed yet? I'll give you a clue I'm not spinning; but I do need to finish the second sleeve on the baby sweater.
7. I'm sensing a not so subtle theme to this post.
8. I've been considering very seriously starting to meditate for just 5 minutes a day. If I can knit while I study, knit while I sit at family functions and if I can make time for the knitting that helps to calm my mind then I should be able to meditate. Right?
9. I'm sensing a problem with this meditation goal I've set for myself. I'm not supposed to knit while I meditate!
10. Wonder if I can meditate on knitting instead?

1 comment:

  1. Using mindful knitting as a form of meditation can be wonderful. Just don't pick a fiddly pattern! :D

    ReplyDelete