Thursday, April 16, 2009

Peace Corps Interview

It is official my interview for the Peace Corps is to take place in 2 weeks exactly. I'm anticipating it with nervous excitement and doing my best to prepare to answer any questions PC may have. It seems also lately that with the interview pending that I find myself serfing the PC websites at really odd times. Spanish class found me reading about Tonga, last night in the middle of my final paper I had to write I was reading about Fiji; so in essence PC fever has begun. The most difficult part is going to be the waiting for a possible nomination after the interview.
If I for some reason don't receive a nomination I have plans that involve applying for other jobs. Those plans have started as well just in case PC doesn't work out.

1 comment:

  1. Have you checked out this page of potential interview questions?

    http://www.peacecorpswiki.org/Interview_Questions

    They've been compiled by various individuals interviewed by PC in the past few years and were pretty spot on to the questions I was asked. Instead of planning out your answers to each question, think of them more as brainstorming questions and come up with various answers and examples that you can draw from during your interview (especially the "tell me about a time..." questions...those are the ones I had trouble with during my interview).

    Also, if you haven't already, DO JOIN the Facebook "Future Peace Corps Volunteers" group and the yahoo group "peacecorps2". These have both been SO helpful to me during my process!

    Good luck on your interview!

    ReplyDelete