Thursday, April 30, 2009

Peace Corps Interview

I had my Peace Corps interview this afternoon. I consider it a phenomenal success! My recruiter and I got along like old friends which helped my nerves immensely. I can still hardly believe that all of this is happening to me but it is and with a little luck I will get that nomination for Eastern Europe that I want so badly. The community youth development spot always fills up quickly but my recruiter is going to try and get me in to this batch of volunteers for summer 2010. Another unexpected but nevertheless welcome surprise is that I qualify to teach English because of my B.A in English. If the community development falls through or fills up I will be nominated to teach instead. Either way I'm thrilled and looking forward to the adventure.

1 comment: