Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Joy on a Rainy Day

True joy has left me wiping away tears. I opened my email late last night and found a letter from my recruiter telling me that unfortunately my application did not make the cut for the community development sector leaving for Eastern Europe Mid-June of 2010. She closed the letter by asking me if I would be interested in teaching English in Eastern Europe or Asia. I responded immediately saying I would be willing to go wherever my skills would be most useful and went to bed unable to sleep.
When I awoke to another day filled with humidity and rain I hoped that my inbox would have a response from my recruiter but alas nothing at 9:a.m. When I checked my email again just now I had the following message in my inbox:

Laura, I will be working on your paperwork today. I want to congratulate you on your Peace Corps nomination before your official letter arrives in the mail. I have nominated you to a SecondaryEducation - English/TEFL teaching position in Eastern Europe, to leave mid-June 2010. The program does require teaching/tutoring experience.Thus, I highly recommend that you continue to gain additional teaching/tutoring experience.Continued success and learning!

Words can't begin to describe how I feel so I think I will just smile and watch the thunderstorm through my window.

No comments:

Post a Comment